This has been a rough week so far. Monday morning I still had the cold I’ve had since New Years Eve, but otherwise felt pretty normal. A little before noon it was like I was hit by a train. I took a hot bath and then a nap, I got sick around 2 or so and proceeded to sleep until around 7. I was able to keep down a few crackers and some water then I was back in bed by 10. I had a Dr.’s appointment on Tuesday morning and I made John go with me as I was not sure I could drive myself. I really just thought I had the flu or something, but when I told the nurse about everything she wanted to have Rick (the PA) look at me. After a quick look at my throat and listen to my lungs, he wanted me to get a chest x-ray. So John & I headed over to a different building where I got the x-ray and the diagnosis- pneumonia. They told me to head home and wait for a phone call from Dr. Ellis’ office. A nurse called me and let me know that Dr. Ellis decided not to admit me, but that I was to go into outpatient everyday this week for IV antibiotics. So off I went again, which sucked because I didn’t want to even leave the house (or my bed) in the first place. I got some fluids, then the antibiotics; they also called in a z-pak and was told to start taking Mucinex. I was also told to discontinue all of my chemo meds for now. Stephen (my outpatient RN) left the IV in and wrapped up my arm so I wouldn’t have to get poked again. I think it was around 3 when I got home and it was back in bed for a couple hours. By the time John got home I was really feeling crappy, I took my temperature and it was 102.5, the highest I can ever remember having. I really should have called the on-call doctor but I did not want to be admitted to the hospital, so I just took a bath and the fever broke (I’m guessing, I didn’t retake it but I felt much better). I didn’t sleep very well last night, I woke up around midnight and then on the hour, every hour, all night long, soaked in sweat. Today I went back to outpatient around 1 and on the way home I stopped by John’s parents house to see Ryan for a few minutes. Jim & Maureen have kept Ryan the past two nights and are going to keep him again tonight, which I am very grateful for. I see Dr. Ellis tomorrow morning and will see what he has to say about being around the little guy.
I will try to keep you all updated, but I’d say right now no news is good news, I just don’t really feel like blogging.