This has been a rough week so far.  Monday morning I still had the cold I’ve had since New Years Eve, but otherwise felt pretty normal.  A little before noon it was like I was hit by a train.  I took a hot bath and then a nap, I got sick around 2 or so and proceeded to sleep until around 7.  I was able to keep down a few crackers and some water then I was back in bed by 10.  I had a Dr.’s appointment on Tuesday morning and I made John go with me as I was not sure I could drive myself.  I really just thought I had the flu or something, but when I told the nurse about everything she wanted to have Rick (the PA) look at me.  After a quick look at my throat and listen to my lungs, he wanted me to get a chest x-ray.  So John & I headed over to a different building where I got the x-ray and the diagnosis- pneumonia.  They told me to head home and wait for a phone call from Dr. Ellis’ office.  A nurse called me and let me know that Dr. Ellis decided not to admit me, but that I was to go into outpatient everyday this week for IV antibiotics.  So off I went again, which sucked because I didn’t want to even leave the house (or my bed) in the first place.  I got some fluids, then the antibiotics; they also called in a z-pak and was told to start taking Mucinex.  I was also told to discontinue all of my chemo meds for now. Stephen (my outpatient RN) left the IV in and wrapped up my arm so I wouldn’t have to get poked again.  I think it was around 3 when I got home and it was back in bed for a couple hours.  By the time John got home I was really feeling crappy, I took my temperature and it was 102.5, the highest I can ever remember having.  I really should have called the on-call doctor but I did not want to be admitted to the hospital, so I just took a bath and the fever broke (I’m guessing, I didn’t retake it but I felt much better).  I didn’t sleep very well last night, I woke up around midnight and then on the hour, every hour, all night long, soaked in sweat.  Today I went back to outpatient around 1 and on the way home I stopped by John’s parents house to see Ryan for a few minutes.  Jim & Maureen have kept Ryan the past two nights and are going to keep him again tonight, which I am very grateful for.  I see Dr. Ellis tomorrow morning and will see what he has to say about being around the little guy.

I will try to keep you all updated, but I’d say right now no news is good news, I just don’t really feel like blogging.


8 thoughts on “Pneumonia

  1. I’m sorry you feel so bad. I am trying to channel your illness, however, and got myself some gastroenteritis. Us Winstead Women…well…sometimes we just suck. :P. Here’s to feeling better, mah sistah. {{{hugs}}}

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s