Maintenance Day 50

Tuesday was day 50 in my maintenance regime.  It was also the day that we did a “make-up” spinal tap from when my counts were so crappy.  It was a long, long day.  Maureen went with me and we waited at Dr. Ellis’ office for over 2 hours for my orders.  Around 10:30 AM we headed over to 5W and had to wait there for a room.  It was a little after 11 when we got a room and not long after they said they were going to take me down for the procedure.  This was my first experience with having to have an IV instead of using the Hickman, and here is the result…

On the second attempt they were able to start one in my hand.  It was around 12:30 when I went down and I think it was after 2 before I got back up to the room.  I had to lay flat on my back for an hour, then was able to go home.  It was around 4 by the time it was all said and done.  I’m feeling ok, just a little sore.  I got a call from the doctors office on Wednesday and they said that the results from the spinal fluid came back and they were perfect!

I think I’m mostly sore from sleeping on Ryan’s floor.  We moved to the big boy bed on Monday night and while he was super excited when he first saw it, the actual process of going to sleep was not as joyful.  We switched everything out, from baby animals to big boy sports stuff.  Well, he was not having any of that.  He refused to use the blanket or pillow and when we were looking for a new blanket, he made me change his sheets back to the baby animals.  He wanted the new curtains down too, but I had to say no to that.  I ended up falling asleep on his floor after 2 and half hours of coaxing him into staying in it and laying down.  He woke up again in the middle of the night so I layed in there for about 45 minutes.

We had also put a gate up at his door to keep him in his room if he woke up in the middle of the night.  (I imagine him going to the kitchen and eating everything in the fridge).  Last night I told him I wasn’t going to stay in there with him until he fell asleep (seriously, yesterday I could hardly move from sleeping on the floor).  He was at the gate crying  (Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!) so I told John to go tell him to lay down and I guess he had got the gate loose from the door so John took it down and told him to lay in his bed and that he couldn’t get out until morning and he did!  I think in a couple days we’ll be in a new routine and he’ll be fine, he just hates change, just like his momma.

John’s parents sent us a Christmas card with a picture of John from when he was 16 months old.  I could not believe my eyes.  I thought he looked like me, but I was wrong…


2 thoughts on “Maintenance Day 50

  1. PTL for great test results. Growing pains are never easy….hang in there Ryan (and mom and dad!)… Christmas Blessings and Joy to you and your family, Laura. 🙂 🙂 🙂

  2. Hey Winsteads, thank you so much for the card and picture. My students want me to bring it in.

    Such great news about your blood work. Thank you, God.

    Merriest of Christmas’es ever to you all.

    Love Marvin & Leslie

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s